What we do
H.I.P.P.O provides support for children with a permanent hearing loss and their families from initial diagnosis through to the end of the primary stage. The team make visits to homes, nurseries and schools.
The levels of support are based on the type and level of hearing loss and if hearing loss is one of many additional needs. The service is based at Icknield Primary School and works closely with the HI Provision.
We offer specialist advice and support about:
- the development of listening, language and communication
- social-emotional development
- strategies for school and setting staff
- training for professionals
- transition between settings
- the use of hearing technology and specialist equipment
We work alongside staff with a wide range of specialist knowledge, including Educational Psychologists, and Speech & Language therapists. We work closely with staff in health services such as paediatricians and health visitors.
How to access the service
Once a diagnosis of hearing impairment is confirmed NHS Audiology services or schools can make a referral.
Outreach Manager: Clare Johnson
Icknield Primary School
Tel: 01582 533114